• iconic_admin@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    25 days ago

I’m not sure what to say. Settings just doesn’t let you get anything done. Are they going to add all the missing functionality to settings before getting rid of control panel? We all know the answer.

If my company didn’t have a windows mandate I would fully abandon it at this point. What a joke.

• PiJiNWiNg@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    25 days ago

Am i the only one who just presses the windows button and types the setting thry want? I havent looked at control panel forever…

• vithigar@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      25 days ago

That’s fine when you want a setting that exists in the settings app. Let me know if you find a place to adjust your audio device speaker configuration, or toggle live monitoring of an audio input.

• mint_tamas@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      27 days ago

I don’t think this is a real issue in the age of bespoke design for applications. Only a minority of then use the OS widgets for their interface. You can argue that this is a bad thing, but then the context menus are just a tiny portion of the entire issue.

• tehbilly@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        27 days ago

As annoying as it is, I’d rather have visually inconsistent elements rather than broken applications. There’s something to be said for backwards compatibility.

• bfg9k@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    27 days ago

You will have to take ncpa.cpl from my cold dead hands

Changing IP assignment in the modern settings app is straight up annoying